Department of Visual Communication
History of the Department
Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) has started the Department of Visual communication in 2015. Visual Communication is a multi dimentional field encompassing a wide range of disciplines from graphic designing to film production.
Scope of the course
A degree in Visual Communications opens various avenues. Students connected with the industry throughout the course in order to meet the needs of the industry.Our graduates can become media professionals in various fields.
- Film Director
- Ad/Documentary Film Maker
- Programme producer
- Audio & Video Editor
- Art Director
- Radio Jockey
- Video Jockey
- Script Writer
- Graphic Designer
- Web/App Designer
The visual communication programme aims at encouraging students to realize their creative potential and sharpen their skills in the field of media.The department aims at producing culture-conscious, development oriented, socially responsible and committed media professionals.
To obtain effective communication skills, Leadership quality, Team spirit and Creative skills to succeed in their professional careers.
To Work responsibly, creatively and ethically as an individual or as a member or a leader of a team in all media related multidisciplinary environments.
Visual Communication is offered with on objective to train and prepare highly skilled and professional man power to the media industry and also provide opportunity for self-employment. Our Lecturers trains and enables every student to learn the potential skills needed in the media field which greatly helps them to face all the challenges. Throughout the curriculum students will receive the complete knowledge of Visual communication by undergoing regular assignments, practical, live projects, workshops and internships. The department provides wonderful ambience for learning and state-of-the-art facilities like Drawing Studio, Multimedia lab, Green Matte Studio, Sound Recording Theater, Edit suite. The course transforms students into one of the best media professional, film makers, videographers, photographers, sound engineers, video editors, web designers, animators and graphic designers etc..
My best wishes and greetings to all the students.
Dr. T. Nirmala
Associate Professor & Head
Department of Visual Communication
News & Events
- The Department of Visual Communication conducted a webinar Titled Screenplay and Direction by Renowned Director Mr.VivyKathiresan who had made films namely “Andhanaal”, “Narai” and “13aam number Veedu”The webinar was conducted on 29th October 2020.
- The Department of Visual Communication conducted a webinar Titled Cinematography techniques in Film making by prominent Cinematographer Mr. SounderRajan who has worked on films such as “Romeo Juliet”, “Isai” and “Maatran” as Cinematographer.The webinar was conducted on18thNovember 2020.
- The Department of Visual Communication conducted a webinar on Cinematography techniques in film making by well-known cinematographer Mr.N.Shanmugasundaram. He has worked as cinematographer for famous films such as Aandavankattalai, 96 etc. The webinar was conducted on 4th December 2020.
- The Department of Visual Communication conducted a webinar on Fashion photography by Prominent Photographer Mr.Irfan Ahmed Farooki who is a renowned fashion photographer. The webinar was conducted on 24th December 2020.
- A National level workshop on Advanced Technologies in Photoshop was conducted by Ms.Ramzan, CEO of Creative Academy, and Chennai on 05.02.2021
- A National level workshop on Visual effects and pipeline types was conducted by Mr.Mohan,Graphic Designer and Technical Head on 12.02.2021
- The Department of Visual communication conducted a webinar on Script Writing on 3rd June 2021. Around 90 participants from various colleges actively participated. We have received good feedback from the participants. Guest speaker Director Madhumitha very well responded to their queries.
- our campus e-magazine 'OPUS' has been published on our website. The magazine will provide the necessary academic and institutional information to the students. We plan to publish it every month in English and Tamil on our college website. The Visual Communication department will be responsible for editing, production and publication.
The goals set by the Department of Visual Communication are facilitated by high quality state of- the-art infrastructure provided to every student.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF FACULTY MEMBERS
|Name & Desgination||Achievements|
|Dr. T. Nirmala / Associate Professor & Head||Received best paper award in the International Conference on Media & Communication in Sustainable Development held on October 24-25, 2016, organized by Society for Education and Research Development, Greater Noida|
|Anna Centenary Fellowship for pursuing full-time Ph. D. research|
|Received best student award,FTIT, 2002|
|Membership in IAMCR and Eurasia Research bodies|
|Nagarajan.P / Assistant Professor||Resource Person for Sound Recording & Reproduction Webinar (2020) organized by Sathyabama Institue of Science and Technology, Chennai.|
|Received Award of Appreciation for securing 100 percent result in Hindustan College of Arts and Science.|
|Member in board of studies in Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College, Puducherry.|
|Niraimathi A / Assistant Professor||IOD( Institute of Design) got 1st Prize for Best Costume Designer|
|Naveen V / Assistant Professor||Secured Third Place in International Photography competition (2015) organised by Shoot Madras, Chennai|
|Secured First Place in Logo Design (2019) organised by MCC College, Chennai|
|Secured First Place in Short Film (2019) organised by MCC College, Chennai|
|Student Editor, Lapwing Magazine, Central University of Tamil Nadu|
|Logo Designed for Kalam Magazine, Central University of Tamil Nadu|
|Designing and Editor, Kalam Magazine (volume 1 & 2), Central University of Tamil Nadu|
|Resource Person Two days Photography workshop (2019) organized by Ktalenti Media House, Chennai.|
|Arun Mozhi Varman S / Assistant Professor||Received Best teacher award 2019 in Subbulakshmi Lakshmipathy college of science, Madurai.|
- B.Sc. -Visual Communication
- Photography Club
- Arts Club
- Magazine Club