National Cadet Corps - NCC
The objective of National Cadet Corps is to develop character, comradeship, and capacity for leadership among youth in India. NCC at BIHER motivates the students with best training and the ideals of selfless service. The training inculcates team spirit, a sense of nationalism and it also helps in developing the overall personality of an individual. The BIHER NCC was started in 1996 as a Independent Company. The first and the second year students are enrolled for the duration of three years. NCC parades are regularly conducted in BIST Ground on every Saturday from 7.00 to 11.00 AM as per Parade Schedule. Pre-parade meeting is also conducted in front of the NCC Office on every Friday from 4.30 to 5.30 PM
The NCC cadets actively participate in the Independence Day and Republic Day celebration in the campus. Annual Training Camp, Republic Day Camp (RDC - New Delhi), Inter Group Competitions (IGC), National Integration Camp (NIC) and special camps like Trekking Camp, Firing Camp are held periodically.
The NCC unit at BIHER has 2 Units 1 TN ARMD SQN NCC AND 1TN MEDICAL UNIT functioning under the guidance of Associate NCC Officer - CAPTAIN Dr. R. Udayakumar, Professor, Department of Information Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology and Lt. M.Sushila who are completed the Direct Commission Refresher Course which is conducted in Officer Training Academy.(Kamptee) and OTA Gwalior
- Started in the year 1996, as a independent company.
- Dr. V. Kannan is the first NCC Co-ordinator on 21st May 1996.
- Enrollment of 20 cadets done on 19th July 1996.
- First Parade was held on 15th August 1996 at the College Ground from 7am to 11am.
- Tree plantation programme was conducted on 28th September 1996 and it was inagurated by Hon'ble Dr.S. Jagathrakshagan, M.P.
- Cadets attend their first camp on 17th December 1996 at Tiruveni Academy.
- We conducted, a free medical checkup on 5th August 1997 in college premise(Selaiyur).
- Mr. Radhakrishnan, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Civil Engineering took a charge as a caretaker
- Dr. R. Udayakumar, Professor, Dept. of Information Technology took charge as caretaker from 24th January 2008.
- CAPTAIN. Dr. R. Udayakumar becomes a First Associate NCC officer of BIST Direct commissioned on 1st June 2009.
- University flag has been designed and hoisted on 15th August 2010 by BIHER NCC.
- Anti Plastic Rally was organised from Tambaram to Selaiyur Campus(About 4 KM) on 10th September 2011.
- Former NCC cadet captain DG Enoch gave an seminar about how to join in Indian Army at the College auditorium on 06th November 2012.
- DDG NCC Commodore K.S.Aiyappa visited our campus on 22nd March 2012.
1(TN) MED UNIT
- Started in the year 2017.
- Ms.M.SUSILA, Asst Professor, Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering took charge as caretaker from 2017.
- Lt. M.SUSILA becomes a Associate NCC officer of 1 (TN) MED UNIT Direct commissioned on 2019.
- Enrollment of 13 cadets done on 2017.
- Enrollment of 5 SW cadet with 12 SD cadets done on 2018.
- NELLORE LAKSHMI SAILESH REDDY was appointed as first CSUO
- CPL.SHAIK KASIM was selected and attended REPUBLIC DAY PARADE held in NEW DELHI on 26 JANUARY 2020.
- SGT MARUPURI LOKESH NAIDU was selected and attended TSC CAMP at Madurai
- CDT. C.CHANDRIKA attended EBSB CAMP at West Bengal.
The overall objective of NSS is Personality Development through community service.
The broad objectives of NSS are to:
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural diaster and
- Practice national integration and social harmony
- Conducted CATC-TSC-RDC camp from 20th - 29th June 2012 in University campus.
- Enrollment of Girls NCC started on 2012 with 14 students.
- Basic leadership camp was conducted from 19th - 28th July 2013 at the University Campus.
- 8 cadets of our college selected for Advanced Leadership Camp at Tuticorin from 02nd - 13th December 2013.
- CSM Premnath won 1st place in group discussion in Advanced Leadership Camp.
- NCC Book was prepared by Lt. Dr. R. Udayakumar, ANO and was released first time in Tamilnadu at Basic Leadership Camp held in our university campus.